- Yvonne’s Membership report:
- Member numbers are down over last few years. Quite a few people still need to submit dues for 2018.
- 68? members
- 39 paid
- 29 not
- 87 in 2015
- Roland needs pictures and
info for newsletter
- Dan suggested information from the new Corvair museum
- Storage fees going up – insurance for items inside
- 2018 nw regional econorun –
memorial day weekend (harrison hot springs resort hotel (canada))
- Discussion of how to get emails to Don Procter for outreach and recruiting for event
- Discussion of most effective way to get in touch with members in CorvairsNW in general.
- New Business
- Christmas Party
- Disappointment in quality of food – $630
- Suggest to switch to a Saturday instead (maybe the first Saturday)
- Had 7 no shows
- Maybe do a pot luck or have a committee of people cook the items and club reimburse
- Discussion of Griots ODS and booking dates
- Nominations of officers
- Nominated for Dan Davis to be President – Declined nomination, ok with being vice president
- Nominated for Dan Davis to be Vice President – Nominated, Seconded and voted aye.
- Nomination for Secretary Dan Gabbert for Secretary, nominated, seconded and voted aye.
- Carl will lead membership meeting in January
- Aaron expressed interest in being nominated as Secretary
- Nomination for Treasurer of Jim Brussard, seconded, and voted aye.
- Dan Davis regional director
of Corsa speaks about chapter requirements and items going on
- Spoke about what annual CORSA fee covers for the club (insurance, communique, chapter mailing list)
- Spoke about the club to possibly discuss donating $30 a year for the Preservation Foundation to assist operate the Corvair Museum (located in Decatur, IL). Jim suggested bringing it up to the membership to discuss.
- Carl discussed a
“Welcome packet” for all new members and what contents they
could include. Aaron Payne and Dan
Davis offered to assist Carl putting one together.
- Calendar of events
- Business cards for the club
- Member roster
- Welcome letter
- Dan D. discussed a potential new member that runs a storage unit in Puyallap for $30 a month. Carl suggested he gets more information and propose to membership.
- Meeting Adjourned
- Christmas Party